Search This Blog

Monday, November 29, 2010

God's Gotta Good Thing Goin

Hey yall! Maybe its just me, but I really feel like God's doing amazing things in the world today. I came across a quote the other day that went a little like this: If life is only a story, then there must be a narrator. God is that narrator. He tells the "story" of our lives. I've also noticed that the stronger you become in your walk with Him, the harder that the devil tries to snatch that love away from you.

Example: The night before Thanksgiving, I prayed that the next day would be set apart for me and Him to just enjoy each other's presence; that I could give thanks humbly and love Him with a newfound joy. Just a regular prayer, right? The next morning I got up did my daily devotional time. Afterwards I went to watch the Macy's parade. And did anybody else notice the backdrop? Well, it just happened to be a victoria's secret ad behind the parade the whole entire 3 hours we watched it. I mean, that's just low. My day had to be ruined because of that. BUT, thank God that He came in and let me have an awesome day still! I mean praise God!

This Sunday, my FBC pastor came back from his sabbatical to Jerusalem and gave a sermon on serving God. One of the things I've noticed is that God's gonna finish His plan no matter what. It's all coming to an end; done, His work is soon going to be finished. I don't want God to wait on me either, but I also don't want to miss the chance to do something amazing for Him. I want to be a part of this spectacular plan before it ends. Too many people in this world are trading their lives to the American dream rather than God's plan. The world is gonna be gone soon, why waste your life on stupid, selfish missions.

After the sermon from  FBC, I left for Cornerstone (where my heart really lies) instead of going to Sunday school, which is basically just a social gathering for the youth. The pastor there didn't speak, but let the associate pastor speak. He spoke out of James 5:8 & Proverbs 4:23. He told us that if we truly desire to follow God's plan but can't seem to get out of that rut we're in; if we have this burst of love for God for a little while but still go back to our old life, then there's something wrong with our hearts. We need to train our hearts-or better yet, join our lives with God's plan. It's not gonna be easy and its gonna take more than just that 3 minute prayer at night & that 10 minute daily devotion when you wake up. Yet, at the same time it could be easy if you only believed God's word and meditated on His plan for you that day.

All these things have come to me in probably the most perfect time. His guidance is really looking out for me. As I'm ending the 1st semester of my junior year, all these colleges are sending me letters. I just can't decide. All I want is to follow His plan for me, and in my life I know that plan is doing missions. Through His Word and the Spirit, I know He's always gonna be there for me. He's telling me straight up, you know, I'll never leave you.

What's His plan for you?
It's never too late.

1 comment: