Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

His Illuminating Love

Everyone sins; I sin, you sin. A problem I've had is being convicted. I don't feel like I did anything wrong after I talk about someone or just be rude that day. A couple weeks ago, I would talk bad about someone or give them a dirty look and God would convict me as quick as I did it. Most of the time I would go up to them & tell them the truth about how I felt and that I was sorry and I would feel God's love again. These past couple of days I've realized this: God's always going to be with you, but we need to seek his face. I've always heard this, but now I really understand. You see, God's presence is going to be there wherever you go. You can't escape Him. Sin can't be in His presence; so you know what that means? That means that when we sin, we turn our backs on Him, therefore not seeing His face and feeling his love. Its like when we're out on a hot day - and we stand under the shade - we can't feel the heat of the sun or see all around us. When we enter sin's presence we exit God's illuminating love.

God's always going to love us. Just like a father love his son, He will love us.

Now, think about this: Father's love their sons always. But, don't they also discipline them? Discipline doesn't just mean to punish, it means rewarding when you do right and punishing when you do wrong.

God's reward for us following His Word and keeping His commandments ISN'T: a new car, a girlfriend, or even paying the bills on time. His reward is allowing us to see His face and feel His love. AND THAT'S ALL WE NEED! That's all I ever really hope for! And of course, His punishment for us is not allowing us to see His face - the Face of love.

The things I've realized this past week is that the more I'm away from God, the less I'm going to feel His convictions. Like the song says "The more I seek You, the more I find You. The more I find You, the more I love You."

I pray that I would see God face-to-face and in doing that, I would feel His love and reflect it towards other people. This really hits home for me. =]

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment