Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

The Call & The Walk


Do you every feel like you have an amazing transcendent life just waiting for you around the corner?

That's the theme that a spectacular book called "Wild at Heart" uses. And that's what I've been trying to base my thoughts on this week.




As a Christian, I believe its outrageously important to read God's word every day; I believe God has an amazing plan for my life as well as everyone around me. Why else would He have spoke through the prophet in Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope!
As I'm getting older, the life I wanted to live (Architect, Doctor, Lawyer) no longer interests me. When I say 'getting older' I don't mean age; I mean in my walk with God. I know that there's a strong pull for me to become an evangelist. I would love to lead the multitudes toward the Father's love and I keep praying that He would show me the way from His Spirit. All I need an amazing relationship with Him.

By the way, Brooke has a life-changing opportunity to go to El Salvador. I need to pray for her because I know there's a strong missionary calling in her life. (She's more of a missionary/worship leader & I'm more of the evangelist/missionary.) Ha, we always were different. I'm leaving this with a quote from the amazing book that inspired me to go on an adventure with God. To find my real name - the name He calls & loves me with. =]
Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive, and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive. - Gil Bailie

No comments:

Post a Comment