Search This Blog

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Westgate Day With Brooke

So Saturday I went to westgate to walk their 5k trail they have, which I think I'm gonna do every Sat. from now on, with Brooke at 7 IN THE MORNING. We were walking and apparently they were hosting a 5k run with the runner's club. Haha, we were embarrased. But when we got done at about 9 that morning we went to BK to get a croissant. =]Then we went to Solomon park to do a Bible Study. When we got there Brooke started reading from Luke, but I told her to go to James, and basically what we got from the message was that when we accept Jesus into our hearts to become a Christian, that is symbolic of His blood covering our lives. So that gave me this idea: Since the Old Testament has a bunch of examples that reflect the New Testament, maybe Jesus' blood that covers our lives when we become Christians reflects the Passover! I've never thought about this, but maybe you have. In the Old Testament, God came down to destroy all those who didn't have Lamb's blood on their doorway. That's why the Jews celebrated the passover. Because they were the people that originally followed what God told them and were saved. When we become Christians, God saves us from the horrible death that awaits us sinners. We die and then when God finally judges us, he'll see that our lives have been covered by the ultimate sacrifice, the Lamb of God, and we'll be saved from Hell. I've never thought of the Passover this way, but it all comes into perspective for me.

WHICH makes me so much more excited for communion; And I know that we can have communion anytime we wish, but it makes it really intimate when we save it for a special time with others.

That leads me to a new topic. Wednesday at 1st priority, Thomas talked about how when we perform communion, we need to respect and glorify Jesus because He died for us; And to tell God that we're waiting for Him to come back and that we'll live for Him till He does. =] hope this made your day

No comments:

Post a Comment