Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

This is the post you've been waiting for.... PART TWO!!

WIRED
okay! So, I've already told you about Forward, but you haven't heard anything about Wired!! Wired... The Dothan, AL mission camp-with Judson Baptist Association-is an AMAZING way to serve God. I had went to Forward, had the revival, and was ready to "move forward" as the conference song talked about! And Wired was just that. Moving forward and serving God through ministry work.
As you all may know, I was on the Construction 8 team. I had signed up for Social, which would be inside all week (haha) but I guess God put me there for a reason!!
At my track, I was painting a house and doing a BUNCH of yardwork, cause this lady's yard was... mmm... ENTYWAY, I had missed half of the first day and didn't get to meet everybody that was in my track! So, that evening I got all settled in with FBC Headland in the Highschool Boy's room!! Whoop Whoop, but yea, I brought one of my favorite books that I'm almost done reading, and just relaxed the rest of the day!

So, Monday!!! I get to meet everybody in my track group, who happens to be the best group of people ever. haha, So just to name some people: Josh Bugg was my leader, Austin, Audrey, Sam, Sarah Grace, Taylor, Caleb, Kendall, Ashley, Tony, Kaley, and two other people I can't remember their names haha. Okay, the REAL part of Monday was when I actually introduced myself to them. But when we all got together for Bible study, I brought up the topic of being filled with the Spirit and speaking in tongues and we started this whole debate on Calvinism vs. Arminianism. It happened to be the most awesomest day of the week!! Because we all understood the Word of God and became closer just in the first day. Haha but the cool thing was that on Tuesday Josh came back and said that he talked with everyone about what we discussed during our 2 freakin hour discussion haha and they were all jealous because everyone else talked about becoming a leader or something. But basically TUESDAY was an awesome day at worship because before I went in I had quiet time during my free time (which was NOT inforced) and I prayed to God that He would show me something that night and He did! =]

During the worship service, we all sang AMAZING songs and I don't know about everybody else, but I was all eyes on God that night. God definitely gave me the chills while I was singing and I just broke down in front of everybody! So what did I do? I left the building after what I thought was the last song because I didn't want to distract anybody. It wasn't. I went out of the chapel into the waiting area or whatever and who happened to be there but my youth pastor watchin the TV service of worship. I told him I would talk about it when I got all cleaned up... haha. So I came out and we prayed and I told Him about what had been happening at mission site.

WHICH I forgot to tell you, okay, long story short: This 46 yr old man told me that I had touched His life with my energy for God and that he would never forget me. He had to leave that day. I told him to pray for me because God's really been putting it on my heart what I'm gonna do in the future. He said he would and I told him I would.

Okay, back to the story, I was talking with my youth pastor and basically told him what I just told ya'll. But I also asked him if we could pray together for my calling. And I told him that I read a scripture after I prayed that talked about the children of God following His calling even if we don't know it yet! So we prayed and I went back in there and what song are they singing?? AMAZING-FREAKIN-GRACE!!!! It really touched my life. So I prayed that God would show me what I need to do. And God showed me that I needed to accept His calling for me no matter what. The sermon that night was thrown in the trash according to Mr. Dave Edwards (haha) and he told everybody that he just felt the need to get what he was about to say out of the way. He told us that some people in the room needed to accept God's calling. So we had invitation that night for the ministry! HOLD UP!! God does listen and He does answer. If you didn't know that, you know that now. I knew I had to get down there as fast as I could. I was praying the whole time he was finishing talking about "in about 5 minutes I'm gonna call anyone up here" Shooot!! I couldn't wait 5 minutes for God. When he said come to the alter, I RAN AS FAST AS I COULD. I was the 1st one up there =] haha, but instead of putting the eyes on me I put them on God, I was worshiping the whole time I was up there and I prayed the whole time as well. So that's BASICALLY all I have to say about Wired. It was an awesome experience to move Forward, like the conference talked about the week before wired, by serving God and living a life ALL OUT FOR HIM!

I gained great friends that week and saying good-bye was hard. I'll never forget them and I pray for them when I can. I pray for my calling as well. If you're reading this please pray that my eyes would be open to see what God is trying to tell me. I'm going to live my life for Him and what He wants, NO MATTER WHAT.

Your Brother In Christ,

No comments:

Post a Comment